Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chapter Eighteen- Nix

Fira

Her front paws were chained to the wall but she still had room to move around. She struggled in the chains as she stood looking at shade sternly.
“Im back!” Shade teased in a mocking tone, “Are you happy to see me?”
“I have no other choice.” Grimaced my mother. She turned her head away from him. He walked over to her and turned her head to face him.
“You will love becoming queen.” She coughed as dust hit her in the face from his hands. He was like a tornado in the shape of a fairy. Suddenly I felt shatters hand yank me and I fell back behind the corner in the wall. I sprawled out, letting go of Shatter’s hand. I looked over and saw that Shatter had hit a minion and fell back, sending Nia, Dorn, and I sprawling to either side of her. It took me a few moments to realize that I wasn’t invisible anymore. A few minions had noticed us and they were staring wide-eyed. If only Opal were here. She would be able to turn us into minions. But she was out the door with Blitz. Had Shade heard us?
Yes. He had. He turned the corner just as I stood up. He grimaced and looked so angry I thought he was going to kill me.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” He yelled. I stepped back a few inches away from him. He came forward. I flew up, my wings going as fast as possible. My wings were flaming, literally. It’s what happens when I go fast. Flames flew behind me as I flew as high as I could in the tall room. Shade appeared in front of me. Oh no! I had forgotten that Shadow fairies could disappear and reappear anywhere they wanted. I backed away from him but he flew forward. He tackled me and I found myself sprawled out on the ground, spitting dust out of my mouth. He appeared above me, practically flaming with anger. I prepared a fire ball behind my back and whipped my paw in front of me, sending the fire ball straight at him. It shot through his stomach, leaving a scorching spot in his cloak. His body quickly repaired itself, but it made him even more mad.
“Who ARE you?” He bellowed. What was I supposed to say? Quickly, Nia covered for me.
“Why do you care!” Screamed Nia, “Leave her alone!”
“You want to interfere, do you fairy?” He grimaced and shot a ball of dust her way. It encircled her and suddenly she was on the ground fighting the litter of dust that was encircling her. When it subsided she was sprawled out on a ground. He had turned her into a minion.
“What did you do to her!” I screamed.
“I can do the same to you!” He yelled, threatening me.
“No!” I heard Nix scream from around the corner.
“What do you care!? We don’t want these fairies ruining our plans!”
“They aren’t my plans! And that’s my daughter your talking to!” He waved his hand and chains appeared out of nowhere, wrapping around my paws and attatching me to the wall.
“Well in that case welcome to the family!” He muttered enthusiastically. My mother put her head in her paws and started to cry.
“This isn’t the Shade I once knew.” Dorn muttered to himself from across the room.. Shade turned his attention on Shatter. He turned her into a Minion too and caged them both up. I felt helpless, but probably nothing compared to what they felt, being caged up. I set my fiery eyes on Shade. He rolled his eyes.
“Looks like I’ve already defeated you. Now what to do, what to do…” I suddenly remembered Opal and Blitz. Where they ok? Had they ran away? Where they waiting outside? They needed to come in now. As if on que two minions creaked open the door and lazily flew in. I knew it was them. Shade barely noticed them but Opal flew to where Nix was and released her chains, but Shade kept his eyes fixed on me. He shook his head.
“Brave little princess thought she could defeat me? Well that’s a shame.” Nix flew above shade without him noticing and pummeled him with gallons of water. He collapsed into a puddle of dust, stuck within the water. My mom came over and hugged me. She released the chains and looked at me, her eyes filled with tears.
“Hello Fira.” Was all she could make out before she embraced me in a big hug. Opal and Blitz transformed back. And Blitz quickly transformed a leaf into a bottle and collected Shade’s remains.
“Is he dead?” Asked Dorn, completely mystified. Nix smiled.
“Shadows never die, yet they never really live.” I finally got the chance to study my mother. Her light tan fur looked completely untouched and her light blue eyes were sparkling. She wore a pendant around her neck- a blue gem given to her as a gift from Shade long ago. She still wore it to this day. She must have really loved him.

Authors Note:
One thing I struggle with is the Climax's in books. I just cant seem to make the Climax exciting. At least not as exciting as I wish. I am going to write one more final chapter and then im hoping to write a sequel. Alice, I think I will have Drayven enter the story in the sequel. I want some ideas on what the sequel should be about. I still have some ideas but I want to hear from you what would interest you the most. Leave your ideas in the comments! I will wait for a few comments before the next chapter.

Some of my ideas:

- The kingdom has gone into chaos when they return and the story revolves around that.
- One of the subtopics in the story could be Dorn and Shala (Have you noticed them flirting? XD)

5 comments:

  1. I noticed the flirting! 8DDDD >8DD >888D

    Your really good at keeping up XD I'm not doing so well -3- Best get to writing my next chapter in the Skyscrapers, hm? For the sequel... hm... how about the kingdom is in ruins due to all royals leaving, and Nix is loathed due to bringing back a shadow fairy, and the obly hope is to find a book called "The Ethical Spirit", in which has instructions on finding the Myth, a land where 6 stones that each harbor one element are, and the peace stone could save the kingdom. But the only problem is the book is kept by Willow Spirit, in the kingdom of Celestial Towers, and when you het there, it is being guarded by Drayven, and you find out you must find 2 Myth Spirits to open the Myth.

    ^-^ There's my idea :D And the next bad guys? SHADOW CLONES! They make an alliance with the shadow fairies to stop the quest 030 And you have to have the spirits to beat them! 8D

    There, a kingdom of CT and MM unite!

    -Willow Spirit

    (The Sequel could be called The Quest for the Wing o3o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool idea. Wait.. What do you mean she is loathed for bringing a shadow fairy back?

      Delete
  2. If you need help writing the sequel, you could find a co-writer to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the sequel, hmmm...

    A new evil has risen in the land, one that makes the shadow fairies look like fluffy puppies. The heroic team has been called by the king of a nearby kingdom, the Moonrise Kingdom to defeat the evil and bring back a token to him. They soon will discover that the king of Moonrise is not what they thought he was, and they will be forced to seek help from the Alpha, (a rare Golden Fairy that is the king, who sees those who are not him intolerable and weak and plain animals as THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS EVER PLEASE JUST DESTROY THEM OH GOSH ITS BURNING MY EYES) who of course is difficult to work with. Will the Alpha grant any of them some of his powers to defeat the evil? Who will it be? Through this journey, they will all be forced to face who they all truly are, secrets will be revealed that would have been better left in the dark, friendships will be made and torn, and they will all find themselves in a dark world of destruction that none of them have ever realized existed.

    It should be called "Silent Songs of a Dark World".

    They meet many new people, some of whom are not who they think they are. I was also thinking you could explore everyone's past a little deeper to make the effect of the story better.

    -Gylfie101

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nix sounds like Nyx, and in that fancy writing in the title I thought it actually said Nyx, lawl. You do know who I'm talking about? XD

    ReplyDelete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"