Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chapter Nine- Opal

Shala


Fira reminded me of myself. Snippy yet kind attitude, with determination and wisdom. I didn’t mind her cutting me off, even though someone in their right mind would. I admired her for it. But I also knew she was currently an orphan. And she didn’t want it to stay that way.
“Girls, I don’t know much about Shade. I barely ever met him… But there have been some weird things happening in this forest. Animals disappearing, trees on fire, destroyed land. And if you’re telling me there’s a shadow fairy here then I can believe it. But I’m afraid I can’t come with you. I have my own things to do. Keep things in order. Well, if I can that is. Anyway, I think theres someone you should bring along with you…” Opal. A princess of the Moon Mountains Kingdom. She was powerful and kind. Wise and quick. Smart and resourceful. She would help them greatly on their quest. But that wasn’t the reason I wanted Opal to join them. I wanted to help her more then I wanted to help them. Help her escape her Fiance to be. He was the worst fit for her and I knew how boys were. That’s why I made an oath never to flirt with boys. Ever. (she’s based off of the greek goddess Artemis so if you know who Artemis is you can see where I got that Idea from…) So I thought of it as my job to help Opal. And this was my chance. I continued talking,
“Opal. Princess of a neighboring kingdom. Not much far from here. Its full of mountains and hills. You’ll know it when you see it. I want you to find her and she will know you were coming. Now go. I must warn her you will be there.” I didn’t wait for their answer because if I left now they would go find her, even if they hadn’t wanted to. Because they wouldn’t want to betray her- or me.
I appeared in opal’s room. The palace was beautiful. Made of Marble and stone. It shone in the sunlight and when you walked around inside your steps echoed off the walls. I loved the palace. It was one of my favorite places.
Opal was lying on her bed, tears in her eyes, crying into her pillow. Her pale feathered wings were drooped around her and her fur was wet with tears.
“Opal” I whispered. “What happened?” She looked up and gave me a weak smile.
“Shala!” She ran over and burrowed against me. (they are foxes. Foxes with human personalities.) I set my head on hers and whispered.
“Are you okay?” She looked up at me, her eyes sad.
“Shala- he’s horrific! I cant stand it! He gives me speeches about what I am to do and about how I am supposed to act and he talks about what I have to go buy and where I have to get it from and what I have to do to the house and how I must prepare dinner. He lays around like a slob while I spend my day working like a slave. Shala he’s dreadful! How could papa do this to me!” She softly cried into my fur. Even though she didn’t tell me who ‘he’ was, I knew. It was her fiancé. He was worse then I thought.
“Ssshhh… calm down… everything will be better soon…” I cooed. She looked at me, scared.
“But how? Theres absolutely nothing I can do. I’m trapped here.”
“Someone will come Opal.” I stroked her fur, “People are coming”
“They are! Really! Thank you, Shala! But the wedding- its tomorrow. Theres not much time.”
“Well then we will just have to hope they come in time.” She looked into the distance, thinking.
“Opal- make sure to stay here as much as possible. Look out the window every so often. If you see them call for them. They will fly up and see you.” With that I vanished. Leaving only my words hanging in the air.

Authors Note:
1 comment for next chapter
Some updates-
I added some pictures of Opal to the character pictures page. If your character is not up there and you want a picture of them up there then tell me and I can find one. Also, if you find a picture of your character that you want me to post then email it to me (adbout.celestialtowers@gmail.com). That's all! Comment plz!

5 comments:

  1. OMIGAWSH OMIGAWSH OMIGAWSH YOU GOT OPAL AMAZINGLY!! Even better than what I could!!! 8OOOO That's it! Me sticking a shout out on Celestial Skyscrapers and Inner Fire 8000 YOU GOT HER PERFECTLY!! OMIGAWSH !!!

    -Willow Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you I tried hard to get her right but I wasn't sure if I was... :)
      Whats celestial skyscrapers O3O

      Delete
    2. A new story of mine ^.^

      -Willow Spirit

      Delete
    3. Yeah I saw it and I posted an introduction... like? :)

      Delete
  2. I'll probably attempt to draw Shatter :D

    ReplyDelete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"