Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter Fourteen- Pain

Blitz


My eyes felt like they were on fire. My hair fanned out around my head. I lay coughing on the ground, not really sure what had just happened. My wings were smoking and my leaf-dress was charred on the edges. I couldn’t see straight, but I could make out the figures of 5 fairies. As my vision started to clear I could look at them more closely. I recognized 2 of them- Opal and Shala.
When they saw that I was waking up they rushed over.
“Blitz!” Cried Opal. And that brought back a memory.
I sat in the tree, staring at the charred ground below me. Smoke was seeping out of the cracks in the bare ground. It billowed around the ground under the tree, and I held on tight to a branch on the tree, as if I was going to get pulled in. I stared around the forest, wondering if anyone could see me. I ducked closer into the shadows of the tree, receding away from the smoke. But before I got very far I felt someone grab my wings, and push me forward. As I fell from the branch into the smoke I screamed. The last thing I remembered before I went unconscious was the sound of Opal’s voice crying my name. “Blitz!”
“Are you okay?” Opal asked, jolting me back into reality. I nodded, too tired and surprised to speak. Shala came up from behind Opal. She whispered something into Opal’s ear and Opal took a few steps back as Shala talked to me.
“Im not sure what happened to you Blitz. But I think I have an idea to help.” She flew away into the forest. Opal came up again. I tried to smile, but it hurt to move. Opal set her hand on me.
“Its ok. I know your in pain. Just watch and listen.” She beckoned one of the other fairies over.
“Blitz, this is Nia.” Nia smiled but I could tell she was really worried. She had long blonde hair that was in a long braid down her back. She looked tired and her pale cream-colored fur was dirty. (I know that this doesn’t all add up- hair and fur and stuff- but just go along with it. They are sort of anthro foxes I guess). Her green eyes glittered but she looked tired. She is probably a light or air fairy.
Opal waved over another fairy. Another girl, probably about the same age as Nia. Her strawberry-blonde hair cascaded in wavy heaps over her back. Her fur was a light brown color, and she had stern dark blue eyes.
“This is Fira.” Informed Opal. Fira? That princess of the kingdom so far from here? What was she doing in the forest?
“I know your probably wondering why we’re here and whats happening. Well the thing is my mother disappeared. And we think its my fathers fault. You see, he was a fire fairy. But we have reason to believe he has turned into a shadow fairy. Its hard to explain- he disappeared so long ago. But Opal said that you might be able to help us- you might know some things about nearby shadows.” As she finished explaining, Shala came flying up to us. She held a leaf filled with some type of green liquid.
“This probably won’t taste good blitz but it will help you feel better and ease the pain.” Why was Shala helping me? We had never really liked each-other that much. I had always been a sort of rebel, living by myself and causing trouble. It irritated Shala and she had never really cared for me. I was afraid that she had done something bad to the green liquid. But I figured whatever it was would be better then feeling this pain. I nodded and she dipped the leaf in my lips and the green goop slided down my throat.
I suddenly felt very tired and drifted off to sleep, hearing the sounds of the forest around me.
When I woke up I felt much better. A tall male fairy was talking to opal by a nearby tree and I found myself propped up by a rough pillow on a tree stump. Opal heard noise and turned around to see me awake.
“Feeling better?”
“Much.” I replied.
“Good. Let me introduce you to someone else. This is Dorn.” She held out her hands and gestured toward the tall male fairy. He came up and leaned against a tree. He was very pale all around- pale hair, pale fur, pale eyes. Definetly an ice fairy.
“Hi. Im Blitz.”
“Dorn.” He nodded as he said his name. I suddenly felt something rumbling under my feet. Fira and Nia came rushing over with a purple fox running beside Nia.
“Guys, do you feel that?” Fira said.
“And it started to rumble right after shatter’s amulet began to glow!” Nia added. Shatter must have been the purple fox. She wore an amulet that was glowing red at the moment. When the rumbling began to feel more intense Opal yelled.
“Guys! Everyone get off the ground!” Nia grabbed shatter and her, Fira, Dorn, and Shala all flew up. Opal helped me to stand up and she gave me support as we both flew off the ground just in time. The ground caved in.


Authors Note:
Sorry this chapter took so long! I was writing it last night and then a few hours later I went back to work on it some more and to my surprise my work was deleted and hadn't saved. So I had to start all over again on this chapter. Anyway- I hope you liked it. 2 comments for next chapter! :)

3 comments:

  1. I made a Blitz on a fairy-creator if you need a visual reference XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful chapter! Love it! ^.^ You do have a talent :)

    -Willow Spirit/ Muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok im going to write the next chapter RIGHT NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"