Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chapter Fifteen- The Castle

Fira


The hole kept getting deeper and bigger. It spread through trees and trees fell into it. I wasn’t sure what was happening but I flew higher for safety. I could see that the hole was probably about 20 feet big now and it just kept getting bigger. For many long minutes we waited for the hole to stop getting bigger and deeper. It finally did but by that time it was about 100 feet each side. We were so high up and the hole looked like a huge black spot in the middle of a beautiful green forest. Nia almost flew down into it but I clutched her arm.
“Wait.” She looked up at me and nodded. We waited for something to happen.
“Fira, are you sure we shouldn’t go down into it, I mean it might be a—” A loud rumble from below us cut her off and we all stared down as a huge black mass began to rise from the hole. It rose and rose almost up to where we were and as it rose I knew it was a castle. A jet black, old castle. We heard a piercing scream and then the forest was silent and still. The castle stopped growing, the birds stopped chirping, even the trees seemed to stop their leaves from blowing. But within a few seconds it all went back to normal again. We all stared at the castle. Blitz was the first to speak up.
“The smoke, the cracks, the noises, the darkness. It all adds up. The Shadows are trying to rise.”
“Or the Shadow.” I muttered, reffering to my dad. Blitz looked confused but I waved the thought off.
“Now what do we do?” Asked Nia. But at that moment a thought came to me. A memory…
“Mother!” I screamed. We had just been talking a moment ago and now she was lying on the ground moaning and groaning and holding her stomach. Her eyes were rolled back in her head and so now they just looked white. Blood was slowly seeping out of her mouth. I had no idea what had happened. She had suddenly fallen off her chair and started flailing around. She screamed. It was as if an invisible force was trying to kill her.
I cried. “Mother!” I screamed, “What happened! Mother! Mother!” She looked up at me with a look of agony.
“Fira… I…I…” Her voice was weak and I could tell she was having a hard time talking.
“Mother!” I cried. My face in my hands. I felt helpless. What was I supposed to do? Suddenly I looked up. There was black smoke circling my mother.
“No! Mother! W-whats happening!?” I screamed between sobs. The smoke circled her faster and faster and soon it filled the whole room and I couldn’t see anything. “Mother!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed. The smoke subsided and I was all alone in my room. She was gone. And I had no idea where she had gone. I put my face in my hands and cried. (chapter 4)
The day my mother had disappeared. She had screamed when she fell. And the smoke- I suddenly knew something for sure. My mother was in this castle. The scream we heard was her scream. She didn’t have much time.
“Guys this is where my mother is. If it’s a shadow fairies’ or not, my mother is in there. She was the one who screamed. And we need to help her.” Everyone nodded.
“But Fira.” Dorn consulted, “We cant just go into the castle. Someone will catch us.”
“But Dorn!”
“Fira. We will have to create a disguise.” At that moment we looked down to see something come out of the door to the castle. It had fast rustic wings and it hung in the air awkwardly. It had really long arms and matted, black fur. It was like a big black ball that had wings. We all looked at eachother and nodded, silently making the decision to somehow get into the castle dressed like those things.

Author's Note:
I finally updated the character pictures page so take a look at that please and 2 comments before next chapter!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! What is the disguise animal 030?

    -Willow Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well if you go to the characters page you will see a character called a 'minion'. Its one of Shade's little helpers O.O

      Delete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"