Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chapter Ten- The search


Nia

I stared at Fira. Her hair blew in front of her face as she stared into the flames of the bonfire, eyes closed. She was soaking it in. Her element. It made her look so strong, healthy, powerful. Beautiful.
I always wondered what it was like having a different element then light. And element that wasn’t always around you. An element that wasn’t in the sky, engulfing you during the day. Light. I closed my eyes and drifted off the sleep, dreaming of being a fire fairy.
I woke up the Fira’s screams. Dorn and I both rushed toward her. Shatter was already there. She turned around and looked into our eyes, worried.
“Fira! Are you alright!” Dorn exclaimed.
“Im sorry- im having nightmares. And tonight was one of the worst.”
“What are they about?” I questioned.
“I don’t want to talk about it. All I can say is that I think they’re visions” Fira flew up and changed the subject, “Well lets get going! I think we are almost there. I can see the mountains and hills in the distance!”
We flew for hours and finally reached the gates to the kingdom. My mind raced. It was nothing like I had ever seen before.
Purple mountains and hills rose in the distance, and the whole kingdom had a river running through it. You could see that palace in the middle of it all, glowing with white marble. Fira looked at me.
“Its beautiful!”
“I know!”
We walked through the gates but someone called us.
“Girls what do you think you’re doing!?” We spun around to see a tall guard leaning over a sword. Fira took a sharp breath.
“I’m sorry. We were just coming for a visit and--” Fira was cut off.
“—Where do you visit from?
“My kingdom… Misty mountains…” The guard narrowed his eyes at her.
“And why do you think you have the right to come in our kingdom?”
“I am princess Fira of Misty Mountains.” The guard looked surprised.
“You may pass…” As we flew away he yelled back, “And don’t forget! Princess Opal’s wedding is about to happen!” We stopped in our tracks. Oh no! Where we too late? She couldn’t be getting married!
“Guys, Hurry!” Fira yelled as she speeded up and flew as fast as she could toward the palace. We got to the palace and rushed inside. It was buzzing with people. Almost everyone from the kingdom had come to see the wedding. There was a whole chapel set up in the lobby, and everyone was settling down excited to see the wedding. Luckily, there was no sight of the bride. Maybe we had time. Fira looked back at us.
“Guys, follow me.” We all flew with her over to a row of seats and sat down. She leaned over to the person sitting next to her and asked, “Excuse me, but do you know where the princess is?”
“Well I presume she’s getting ready. It’s her wedding day, you know!” The fox/fairy replied. Fira looked at me.
“I will go get her. We cant all go.” No. Fira cant. Theres no way. But I can…
“No Fira. I will go. I can turn invisible using the light. Its my element- my talent. I can do this.”
“Nia no…. these are my parents we are saving. I cant let you.”
“Fira, let me go. Please. I can do this.” She looked at me for a while and then finally gave in and nodded. I closed my eyes and made the light bend around me and turn me invisible. I looked at Fira and she put a thumbs up- she couldn’t see me. I lifted off and flew up the staircase, ready to rescue the princess.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 1 comment before next post!

2 comments:

  1. Cant wait! O3O Come on... come on... new chapter... new chapter 030

    -Willow Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! Writing it now! Well... after I read your chapter of celestial skyscrapers ;)

      Delete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"