Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chapter Sixteen- Minions

Fira


Shala looked at us.
“I’d better get going. I would love to help further- but I can’t risk it. If something happens to me the forest is at risk. And I can’t let that happen.” We all nod. She flies over to Dorn and gives him a slight kiss on the cheek and whispers something into his ear. And then she waves to all of us and flies away into the forest. We all look at one-another.
“The question is,” Dorn asks, “How are we going to dress like those creatures.” The creature had already went back into the castle but we all knew what he was talking about. Opal looked at us, she looked a little scared, and a little intrigued.
“Why dress like them when we can be them?” She proposed.
“Nice idea sweetie, but we can’t just be them…” Dorn drifted off in thought. I felt bad for him. Sometimes he seemed lonely. But Shatter looked after him, as he looked after Shatter. After our conversation we had had earlier I knew we couldn’t be afraid of Shatter anymore…
“But how, How could your curse just be gone?” Nia Wondered.
“It had something to do with the smoke. I went in. And without meaning to I helped Blitz. Maybe helping a fairy broke the curse? I don’t know. But I feel different. Heck, im actually talking to you.” We all laughed. I knew that Shatter hadn’t totally changed, but at least we knew she didn’t want to kill us.
“Im more powerful then you think.” She winced, as if this was hard for her to admit.
“I can help you guys to shapeshift.” We all raised our eyebrows.
“Oh really?” Dorn questioned. Opal narrowed her eyes. Suddenly we felt a gust of wind and Dorn disappeared. Within a second he popped back into view- he was one of the creatures!
“What have you done to me!?” He screeched in a high-pitched raspy voice. We all started cracking up. Opal grinned.
“Now who’s next?”
Within a few minutes we were all black balls of fur with wings. It was weird. I felt like I was too heavy for my wings, and it was a miracle that I could keep myself flying. We heard someone scream from inside the castle.
“Minions! What are you doing? Get back in here!!” We looked around for the minions but as far as we could see, we were the only ones here.
“I think we’re the minions” Whispered Nia. We all nodded, knowing that she must be right. We heard the person who had yelled earlier say something to someone else,
“Go get them back in here!” And we heard the door creak open and a big minion with dark eyes and ruffled fur bursted out. He made weird screeching sounds as he neared us and hurried us all back into the castle. We flew awkwardly towards the castle. I knew that we looked like minions, but I was still scared that we were going to get caught. The minion shook his head in disappointment as we neared the castle.
“What do you think you guys were doing?” Thankfully, he continued talking before we had time for reply. “No leaving the castle. And that’s FINAL.” We all nodded and I looked over at Blitz the Minion (just regular blitz except she’s a minion) who looked like she was on the verge of cracking up. The minion led us into a room with shaded in windows and a bunch of old weird furniture. The minion turned around.
“Well what are you following me for? Be off!” He must have been the lead minion because he seemed like he thought he was the boss. We all fluttered out of the room into a dark old brick hallway. We needed to blend in until we found a plan.
“Umm…. Should we just fly around?” I asked our group. I had seen a few minions just flying around the hallway.
“I guess so…” Opal said. So we just started flying around. But we all stopped when we heard talking coming from down the hall. We ducked into a corner just before they came by.
2 minions were guarding a thin and tall fox. He wore a large cloak that drooped all over him and his eyes were dark. But I almost screamed when I saw a glimpse of his body. It was completely made of dust.
A shadow fairy.

Author's Note:

So I made a picture of all the characters in the story, excluding Nix. I would have put Nix, the queen, in except there were only a certain amount of people I could put in. I posted the picture under the 'about' page. Tell me if you like it! :)
2 comments before next chapter.

3 comments:

  1. did you get my e-mail violet? i sent it to adbout.celestialtowers@gmail.com or something like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I got it. Lemme check. Sorry im to lazy to add pictures but I can do that right now.

      Delete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"