Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chapter Seventeen- Shade

Chapter Seventeen- Shade
Fira

Something inside of me knew it was a shadow fairy. Not because he was made of dust, or because he was all black. It was because of the way he moved, the feeling that came along with it. It gave you chills. As he passed you, you could sense the darkness about him. It gave you shivers and you knew that something about him wasn’t right. But when I saw that he really was a shadow fairy, I knew we had found him. We had found Shade. We had found my dad.
I glanced at the others. They looked shocked and their faces were pale, which didn’t really seem possible since we were big black balls of fur. But somehow it was.
Nia glanced over at me and we both got the others attention. Silently we all sort of nodded at each other and decided we were going to follow him.
We slid against the wall a few feet behind him being as quiet as we could. The air wreaked of a sewer-like smell and dust from his body kept blowing behind him. I wanted so bad to turn back into a fox. I felt so gross and I wanted my power back. I had already figured out that I couldn’t use my power as a minion. I would have to turn back into a fox.
He finally came up to a room. The door looked exactly like all the others we had passed- dark green with moss growing around the corners. Was this the room where my mother was?
When he opened it there was light inside. We all ducked behind a wall as he entered the room. He glanced around to make sure nobody was watching him and his minions going into the room. What was in that room?
He shut the door behind him and we were finally all alone in the hallway. Everyone stared at one another, unsure of what to say. I was the first to speak.
“Nia can you turn us invisible? I’m going to go in the room.” I asked. Nia looked worried.
“Well… the thing is that I have to be touching the person to make them invisible.” Nia said.
“Could we link paws? You aren’t touching us all but we are touching each other…” I proposed.
“Hmm…. Well… I guess it would work. It would take a little more energy but I could do it.” She looked hopeful.
“Wait!” Cried Blitz, “If we’re going to be invisible then can’t we turn back into foxes? Please?” Opal nodded.
“Sure!” And within moments I was a fox again.
“Now Lets Try!” So we linked paws. I was on the front end with Shatter next to me, then Dorn, then Nia, the Blitz, then Opal. Nia closed her eyes and suddenly I felt a tingle through my body and suddenly I couldn’t see Shatter anymore, but I could feel her.
“You disappeared!”
“So did you!” She replied. I couldn’t see anyone else either. But within a few minutes I could see them. I guess it took some time. Since I was invisible, I could see others who were invisible.
“Lets go in.” And so I neared the door, dragging everyone else with me. I pulled on the handle and it creaked open. I hurried in without looking at what was inside the room.
“Minion! Close that!” Yelled Shade. He looked mystified.
“Y-Y-Y-Yes m-master!” The minion scurried over and shut the door, cutting Blitz and Opal off the chain and out of the room. I took some time to look around the room. The walls were gray brick and there were chains everywhere. Many minions were around making sure everything was doing ok. Shade turned a corner in the large room and I rushed to follow him. I almost screamed when I saw what was in front of me. We had found my mother.


Author's Note:
Eeeek!! So suspenseful! I thought it might be cool to suggest what is happening to her mother. Comment what you think is going to happen next or suggestions on what should happen next. Your idea might just become the story! I will wait for a few comments before I post the next chapter.

3 comments:

  1. Shade should ask Fira to join them and try to turn everyone else into minions (who were the old residents of where Shade's castle is now, and since they got cut off of the chain, Blitz and Opal might have been caught already. (That's my suggestion :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion... I will think about it :)

      Delete
  2. Great story! Boy, it's getting INTENSE now! Can't wait to see what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"