Monday, April 29, 2013

Chapter Six- The Guard

Hey guys! Sorry, I meant to post this a looong time ago. In fact, I did post it, but it must have not worked. Well now im posting it. I hope you like this chapter!

Fira

The fast wind felt good on my face after all the crying I’d done. It dried my tears and made me feel a little better. I looked over at Nia. Her beautiful yellow wings were, well, beautiful, and her long blond hair blew behind her. Sometimes it seemed to me like me and Nia were the same person, in different elements. We both had long flowing hair, except mine was strawberry blonde and hers was blonde. We where about the same height. I guess it wasn’t very noticeable, but for some reason it seemed like we were very alike.

We reached the palace gates and I could see Dorn standing in the shadow of a tree, ready to burst out if anyone where to intrude. But I had a feeling that wasn’t the reason he hides. He heard our wings and swirled around. It was so quick and graceful that I stopped in my tracks for a minute but then continued flying. We both landed near him. He looked at us suspiciously.
“What are you two girls doing? No leaving the kingdom without a royals’ permission.”
“We aren’t leaving the kingdom.” Said Nia, “And besides, Fira is a royal”
“Princess?” Dorn said, apparently surprised, “I haven’t seen you since…” He drifted off, “Oh nevermind.” I was going to ask him what he was about to say but I decided against it. “What do you two girls want anyway?” He questioned.
“Some answers” Said Nia. He looked confused.
“About my mother.” I said.
“Well I’m sorry girls but I haven’t talked to your mother for years.”
“Give it up Dorn!” I almost started crying and a lump formed in my throat. I heard hissing from behind Dorn’s legs and a purple fox came out from behind his legs. She was wearing a black cloak but her face was showing and I could see her purple fur. Her fur was a little shaggy and she wore a black and white amulet necklace. She had a look of anger in her eyes. She hissed some more and slinked up to me. She opened her mouth and I saw her glistening white teeth. I thought I was going to die. But dorn grabbed a chunk of her fur and pulled her away.
“Shatter, snap out of it! Not now!” He ordered. The fox immediately looked at me with a terrified look in her eyes and turned around and hid behind Dorn’s legs, shaking.
“My apologies. That is shatter. She has had some negative things happen to her in her lifetime and it hasn’t made a good impression on her. Forgive her. She can’t help being aggressive.” I nodded, still a little frightened.
“My mother disappeared last night. Smoke, blood, the whites of her eyes. Everything. It was horrible. And we think you might know something.” I bursted out. He looked terrified, but he also looked like he knew something.
“Listen closely” We both leaned in. “I am telling this for your mother’s sake. She is in more danger then you realize...

Authors Note:
I am going to need at least 3 comments for the next chapter to be posted. Hope you liked it! Please comment your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job ^-^ I can't wait for Opal to come in! :3

    -Willow Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the story has just barely introduced Shatter, but I already know that you're going to get her personality spot on! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will try to add her more :)

    ReplyDelete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"