Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chapter Three- Secrets

Dorn

The king and I had always known one-another extremely well. I was the lead palace guard and he trusted me more than anyone in the whole kingdom, and I trusted him back. He was a great king. The people of Misty loved him. I loved him too. He was the greatest friend I had ever had. But one day that all changed.

I was guarding the gates to the entrance to the kingdom. I stood straight and tall, strong and confident. I hadn’t seen the king for days, which was odd, considering he usually came down to talk with me often. I heard footsteps behind me. I swerved around to see the king behind me. But he was different. His wings were shredded up on the edges and he was wearing a black cloak that shaded his face.
“Shade?” I questioned, “What happened?” He looked at me with a look of evil and anger.
“Nothing, Dorn.” He gave me an evil grin, “I am leaving to find a better place. A place where I can live to my wants and needs. A place where I can build up power. But you musn’t tell anyone Dorn.” He laughed and with that word he flew past me and disappeared from the kingdom.
I suddenly knew what had happened. The black beaded eyes, the look of evil, the evil grin. I had only ever seen those before on a shadow fairy. Something had happened to Shade. And it wasn’t good.
But I had to keep this a secret- Shade was a shadow fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"