Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chapter two Part two: Before Shade Disappeared

Shade

I sat in my throne holding the map of the kingdom in my paws. I stared down at it trying to decide what part of the kingdom I should surrender to the shadow fairies. The village wouldn’t work because that’s where the people lived. The gardens wouldn’t work because that’s where we get our food. The lakes wouldn’t work because-well-there lakes… you can’t live there. Where was I going to put the shadows? I groaned. I was stressing about this. I heard light footsteps. I looked up to see my beautiful wife Nix. I smiled. She walked with grace and her white fur was beautiful under the dim light. She came up by my side.
“What are you up to?” She gave me a light kiss on the cheek.
“Nothing…. I…. I’m just studying the city map.”
“Ok…” She agreed but I could tell by her voice that she didn’t believe me.
“Nix, If we were to…. Uh… surrender part of our kingdom. As in part of our land. What… what part should we surrender?”
“Why would we surrender part of our kingdom?” She said calmly but I could hear the confusion and anger in her voice. She was such a kind person, never getting truly angry at anything.
“Well I just thought that…. Uh… the forest animals needed more space. And… uh… it wouldn’t hurt our kingdom right… and so that way we umm…”
“Shade, I know your hiding something. Shade. Tell me. Please.” I began to feel guilt for hiding something from her. But it was for her own good. I didn’t want her to die.
“I can’t tell you. I’m sorry. You wouldn’t understand. I just I can’t and…” I couldn’t continue talking because there was a lump in my throat. She looked at me with a look of anger and stomped out of the room. Before she left she turned around for her last word.
“Shade, and for your question. Surrender the dump.” And with that she slammed the door and flew off. The dump? Yes! The dump! Its not like its ever really used, considering it’s a dump. And years ago we actually used it but we began to magically make our trash disappear. So now it just sits and smells with trash that has been stinking for years. The perfect place to store the shadows.
~~
I leapt through the hallway proud of my decision. I wasn’t going to hurt my kingdom. As I strode the hallway I stopped in my tracks to come face to face with the shadow fairy from the night before. Had I done something wrong? Why was he back? His eyes burned with anger.
“The DUMP! We deserve more. A palace! A castle! Lakes, rivers, mountains! Everything! You have made the wrong decision Shade. The wrong decision. You will be cursed Shade!” It shifted from its fairy form and became a small swirling tornado of shadows and dirt. It swirled around me as I lost my consciousness.

~Shade was cursed to become a shadow fairy and be evil for eternity. He ran from the kingdom and before leaving turned to Dorn and told him he was leaving to find a better place. He then disappeared from the kingdom and was never seen after that. At least not yet.~

1 comment:

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"