Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chapter Two- The Kingdom

Fira

“So your saying that we have to go to Celestial Towers to save your mother?” Nia questions.
“That, or we let her go insane.” I reply. Nia rolls her eyes.
“Fira I want to help you but this book says that it might not even exist… what if we find nothing.” I look into her eyes. This isn’t the Nia im used to.
“We have to take chances. This kingdom needs a queen. And im not ready for the job. Im not being selfish Nia. Believe me. We need to do this!” She looks at me suspiciously for a few seconds and then smiles giddily.
“Alright. I’ll go.”
“Thank you!” I hug her. “We should leave tomorrow” She raises her eyebrows.
“The sooner the better I guess.” She says.
“Exactly.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear nia at the door and rush down. Im wearing a satin cape and I have one in my hand for her.
“What are these for?” She asks as soon as she sees me wearing them. I shrug.
“A disguise. We want to sneak out with style, right?” She grins.
“Sure Fira. Whatever you say.” We both slip on the capes and hurry out the door. The town is quiet this early in the morning and I feel so sneaky as we head towards the back exit of the kingdom.
We reach the gates just as the sun begins to rise. But right before I slip over the gate I hear Opal.
“Fira, Wait!” I look behind me to see Opal, Dorn, Shatter, Blitz, and Shala. And of course Tice, Shala’s dragon.
“What are you guys doing here!?” I ask in astonishment.
“Blitz spotted you from high in a tree in the forest and came to get us. What are you doing?” Replies Dorn.
“We are going to, well, long story. But we have to save my mother. And that requires saving Shade. And saving Shade requires a journey.” Dorn looks hopeful but suspicious.
“Fira- do you really think you can save a Shadow fairy?” Asks Dorn.
“I don’t know- but I have to try.” They all nod and take in what I’ve said.
“Well we bid you farewell Fira. And good luck.” Shala says. Me and Nia both go around and hug everyone goodbye and they say good luck and then we are back standing near the gate, ready to leave.
“Take care of my mother.” I say. And with that we fly up and get ready to leave.
“Good Bye!” They all call, and with that we are on our way. Nia is next to me. Her wings reflect the light beautifully and the long scarf she has tied around her tail cascades behind her. It’s all because of the light. Nia is a light fairy.
After about half an hour of flying I finally see the silhouette of a tall brick castle ahead.
“We’re here!” I gasp and I pick up speed. The air feels so good as it quickly brushes against my face. We finally see the castle clearly. It’s a medium sized castle made of black bricks. Its actually very beautiful- surrounded by thick green grass and rainbow colored wild flowers. Nia and I land in front and take in the sight.
We approach the large double wooden door to the castle and I have to fly up a few inches to reach the knocker. We stand for a few moments before the door creaks open. Standing there is Violet Roil. Not that I actually know what she looks like but I know its her because of her wings. She stares wide eyed at us for a moment and then shakes the shocked look off her face.
“Hello” She says, obviously very surprised.
“Hi. I’m Fira. We’ve come from Misty Mountains.” I say cautiously… not exactly sure how to introduce myself.
“Oh, Hi!” She steps forward for a moment as if considering to hug us but doesn’t. “So… not to be rude but… why are you here…?”
“We might want to talk in private about it.” Says Nia before I have a chance to respond. I just nod in agreement.
“Ok… do you guys mind if I take you somewhere a ways away?” she pauses, “Well its not that far I guess considering you guys can fly. Usually I have to wait for the ones on foot.” I imagine being the only fairy around and being so… different.
“Sure. As long as its private.” I reply.
“Oh, its definitely private.” She responds. She exits out the castle and slowly closes the door behind her. Then she takes off into the sky and we follow. “Its so nice to be able to travel by air for once. Its just so much more efficient.” She laughs as she cascades through the air.
“I can’t imagine. Having to wait up for them all the time!” Nia says- taking the words right out of my mouth.
“So, Violet,” I come up beside her, “Where was everyone? They weren’t in the castle, right?” I ask.
“Oh no. They went out to swim and catch fish. Well, Jake pretty much dragged mom along.” She laughed, “I don’t know why he was so excited. I mean, he never really fishes. But of course I couldn’t go- I mean with my wings and all.”
“Umm… Jake…?” I ask- not really sure who jake is.
“Sorry- Jake’s my brother.” We are all silent for most of the rest of the trip- just not sure what to talk about. I stare at Violet the whole time, she has beautiful magenta wings and light tan fur. I suddenly wonder something,
“Violet!” I rush up next to her, “What element are you?” She looks surprised at first.
“Element? Well… I have no idea. I can recall talking to the queen one night…”
“My mother.” I reply.
“Oh. Princess Fira then.” She giggles.
“Nia you’re the only one who isn’t royal here.” I tease- she shrugs.
“I got over that fact a long time ago.” She smiles.
“So back to the element,” Continues Violet, “I can’t remember anything of that night. I remember arriving and talking to her. But I can’t remember any of the details!” I’m surprised at this comment. Especially because it seems as if you’d want to know what element you are.
“Are you sure you don’t remember anything?” I ask.
“Positive.” She says. That can only mean one thing. My mother has told me this before, but I never thought it was real. She told me there is a special type of fairy. A very rare type of fairy. An immortal fairy. They can die- but they always come back to life somehow. But the thing is, they are very powerful. If they know they are this type of power they know that they have all the elements. And that is when they can use their power. When they know.
But they can’t know. So my mother must have erased Violet’s memory from that night. Concluding that the only possibility is that Violet is one of the most rare fairies in the world.
We reach a place in the forest and lower to the ground.
“Here we go.” Violet says as she walks into the treehouse. It’s a well-built house within the trees made from cedar wood which smells wonderful. Inside theres a fireplace and furniture.
“This is amazing!” I say, eyeing the whole place.
“Thanks,” Violet blushes, “I spent weeks working on it.”
“You made this!?” Nia asks with amazement. Im just as surprised.
“Yeah.” Says violet matter-of-factly.
“You have an amazing talent Violet, how did you..” I ask but Violet cuts me off.
“… I don’t know. I’ve always had a knack for things in nature.” She grins, “So, what did you need to talk about?”
“A flower. It’s only found here. I read about it in a book, it cures evil. Its like insanely powerful. Do you know anything about it?” Violet looks shocked.
“And may I ask why you are looking for this flower?” She says rudely.
“Its really important.” Nia says, leaving the rest for me to say.
“My mother, she has lost her husband twice and shes going crazy. She wants him- she needs him. Or else she will go completely insane. And then our kindom will have no queen. And without a queen, well, im sure you know what will happen.”

“I understand, but how can this flower help?” By the way Violet’s saying all this, I can tell she knows something, and she’s suspicious.
“My dad- he was turned into a Shadow.” At that note the whole room falls silent. Its as if the whole forest is listening in. Even the birds stop chirping.
“Never say that word in the forest. It knows more then you think.” What is she talking about? What is it? The forest? The forest knows more then you think? “And Fira” She looks at me, “Nia.” She looks at Nia, “If we are going to talk about this we need to be in private- without even the forest listening.”


Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long! But I finally finished it and... well... heres chapter two! I probably wont post the next chapter for a while. We are leaving tomorrow on vacation and we will be gone for two weeks, and I doubt ill have the time to write chapter three down there- but who knows?
Also, Gylfie101/frost is writing the story from the POV of Shala, Dorn, Opal, Shatter, and Blitz and what is happening to them right now. Its really cool O3O http://planetdobutsu.blogspot.com/

That's about it... So ya.

3 comments:

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"