Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chapter Nineteen- Return

Fira

My mother held the bottle of Shade in her hands carefully.
“Do you think it would be possible to transform him back?” She mused. I gave a slight smile, knowing that she was hoping for the impossible.
“Just be happy he’s gone for now… we can think about stuff like that when we’re back. For now we need to get out of here, and we can’t leave without Nia and Shatter.” We both looked over at them. They both looked so embarrassed. Opal and Blitz had already transformed back but Opal hadn’t found a way to transform them back. But we knew there had to be a way. But how?
Suddenly Blitz screamed. I whisked around to see her back paw stuck in a crack in the floor. We all helped her out. The crack began to spread, and parts of the floor crumbled into the room below. We looked down, and Dorn let out a sharp breath. Below there was a pool of green slime. It was bubbling and let out a stench that was more then most of us could handle. We took a few steps back and flew high to get away from the smell. But Dorn didn’t seem phased.
“I know what this is. I read about it as a kid. But I never knew that it was… this.” He exclaimed staring down at the mass of green slop. “I think we’ve found what we were looking for.” He conjured up an ice cup with his hands and flew down, scooping up some of the green slime in the ice. He looked over at Nia and Shatter. He set the bowl down and looked intently at them.
“Cover yourselves in it. It will work.” Nia flew farther away from it, not sure if she trusted him enough to bathe in bad smelling green slime. But shatter had a bond with Dorn, and willingly flew forward. She dipped herself in the goo and rolled her round minion body around in the bowl until she had a thin coating of green on her messy fur. She flew up, barely able to stay stable with the heavy slime coating her. Suddenly she dropped to the floor with a thud and within seconds she was Shatter the fox- still covered in green slime. She looked at us with a shocked look.
“I feel like that pond.” She exclaimed and stuck out her tounge for enthusiasm. We all laughed, and now it was Nia’s turn.
After Nia had transformed back, Nix washed the goo off them with some water and we headed out the castle. We decided to just fly out the windows.
After Blitz creaked open a window we started our journey home. We stopped a few times but eventually reached the gates.
Misty Mountains- my home, my kingdom- looked like an old deserted town. Every house had its curtains and shutters closed and there was no movement in sight. Not even a flutter of wings. My mouth gaped at the sight.
“Where is everyone!” I exclaimed, baffled. My mother looked just as surprised as me.
“They must be here-they-I don’t know….” She trailed off, too stunned to talk any longer. As we flew through the kingdom we saw a shutter open in one of the houses and a face look out. They looked surprised, shocked, relieved, and happy all at the same time. They closed the shutters again and then all at once the whole kingdom awoke. Doors opened from all over and fairies rushed out and flew over to us. Within minutes it was as if the whole kingdom was crowded around us, talking wildly and asking questions. My mom looked surprised but then she took a deep breath and spoke to her kingdom.
“Much has happened in this past week! But we are alright now. We have no king, but a new leader. My daughter Fira will help me take care of our kingdom!” Cheers surrounded me as thoughts raced through my head. But eventually I put together my jumbled thoughts and ideas.
Much has happened in this past week. We saved my mother. Me, Nia, Shatter, Dorn, Opal, and Blitz. We defeated Shade. And now we were holding him in a bottle. But everything was alright for now. And me and my mother will lead the kingdom, me, my mother, and I.



Author's Note:
The first book is over! This is the final chapter! I cant wait to start the next book but if you haven't read my 'sequel' post please read that and comment!

2 comments:

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"