Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chapter One- The Flower

I am proud to announce the sequel- ~FLOWER OF LIGHT~ Is its name. I have titled the first book ~QUEST FOR THE SHADOW~. The series' name is MISTY WINGS.

Fira

For months now mother has been going nuts. She hasn’t actually gone psycho yet- but im afraid if I don’t do something soon she will. I’m not sure what has gotten into her. We were peacefully running the kingdom when I suddenly found her one day curled up in her room, tears in her eyes, the vile of shade in her hand, muttering unnecessary things to herself while blankly staring into the watery dust of whats left of her husband.
I guess when I put it that way, you can see why shes sad. But she went so many years without him I don’t see why she is suddenly so sad. Maybe after finally seeing him- no matter what state of mind he was in- she just couldn’t bare losing him once again. And she still hasn’t really lost him, because theres something left of him in the bottle, we just don’t know how to get it out.
I slowly walk up the steps, trying not to make much noise. Im not sure why but everything seems slow today and I don’t want to be loud. I hold some food for my mother, whos been huddled up in her room for a few hours now and refuses to come out for dinner. I carry a tray with fresh rasberries lightly coated with sugar, and large walnuts with some sort of seasoning on them. Everything we eat here is always gourmet, with our lovely cooks who want to impress us. But my mom hasn’t been eating much anyways so I haven’t brought her much, ill bring her more if necessary.
I reach her room, the plate still steaming with cooked walnuts. She lays curled up on the padded windowsill staring blankly out of the window, her paws clutching the vile so hard they’re shaking. Her fur is so pale- even more so then it usually is. She turns her head when she hears me enter.
“I brought you something to eat.” I say, setting it down on a small wooden desk next to the windowsill. She doesn’t say anything, and keeps staring out. I don’t expect her to reply, she hasn’t been talking for a few days. She mutters to herself, but wont make any direct communication with anyone. She reaches for a walnut and sucks on its rough coating. I make my way towards the exit of the room when I hear her say something.
“Wait” I turn cautiously, not sure if this was directed towards me. But I meet her puffy red eyes and I know shes ready to talk. “Fira I cant take it anymore. This feeling I have- we need him back. This kingdom needs him. And the thought of having him so close but never doing anything- never trying- never giving thought to him- to bring him back- Fira, I just don’t know what to do…” She breaks down in a flood of tears and sobs her emotions out. Within minutes she sniffles and stares blankly out the window again, as if she had never said anything to me. I don’t see a reason to say anything back to I exit the room, slowly shutting the door behind me.
What does she mean? She wants me to find a way to bring him back? I think about it. Shes on the verge- barely hanging on to reality. Soon she wont be able to handle herself and it will be impossible to change her. At this point- the only choice I have is to try to find a cure- something to bring a shadow back.
The library is the first place I look. Probably the only place here that I have a chance of finding something in. The librarian probably knows something too. He’s very wise and I trust him.
I enter the library. A few people from the kingdom are hanging around- I see Nia looking at one of the bookshelves and she waves. I wave back, but gesture for her not to come over. I’ll tell her what’s happening soon enough.
I see Clark organizing some books not far away. Clark is a handsome fox- with jet black fur and green eyes. He is so strong and his wings are almost golden. But he was a love for books. Hes the wise librarian.
“Clark!” I call to him as I come up to him.
“Hello Fira, its been a while!”
“Theres something I need to talk to you about. Something… umm… very important…” He looks a little shocked but very amused.
“Follow me.” He flies towards the back of the library. I follow. We wind through bookshelves and finally stop in a book isle with books about plants. Hi touches the ground thoughtfully and a small door appears. He slides it open and we both descend into a little room. Its empty and smells like it hasn’t been used in a while.
“Now you can talk.” He says.
“Well… You see… Its my mother. She wants Shade back. But its more then just want… it more like need. As if she doesn’t get him back she wont be able to go on.” He looks surprised at the thought. The strong queen backing down at the thought of her long lost husband not by her side.
“Bringing a shadow back is more then just a thing you find. It will be hard to get and will require a journey. Stay here.” She quickly flies up and within seconds is back down with a book.
“Read this. It will tell you everything.” He says.
“Thank you.” I nod and fly up and out of the library.
In my room I ly on my bed and almost rip open the book im so eager to read it.
THE FLOWER OF LIGHT
NOBODY KNOWS IF THIS FLOWER EVEN EXISTS. SAID TO CURE EVIL. USING THE FORCES OF LIGHT. IT IS THE FORCE OF GOOD. SOMETHING BARELY ANYONE HAS SEEN. IF THEY DO SEE IT THEY DO NOT KNOW ITS VALUE. THE FORCE IT CAN HOLD. THE MAGIC IT BARES.
THE ONLY KNOWN THING ABOUT IT IS IT GROWS ONLY IN THE FORESTS OF THE KINGDOM OF AIR AND LIGHT. CELESTIAL TOWERS.
After I read celestial the rest of the text fades, but I know what it talks of. My mother has told me about a fairy from their kingdom who was from here. She now lives as a princess there. Violet. From the kingdom of Celestial Towers.

Authors Note:
Give me suggestions, thoughts, insights, anything! I am sorry it took me a while to post this!

6 comments:

  1. I'm doing a little something something for this...

    But I won't tell hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh... hmm..... you have to tell eventually..

      Delete
  2. an idea:

    Incorporate other celestial towers people? just to have regular foxes and fairys

    Shadowfur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have other. Frost and oak... But if oak doesn't comment I don't think I'll add him. You have to look at my description.

      Delete

You come up to a place to enter comments and see a sign,
"Warning: Comment at your own risk"